decorating ideas for alice in wonderland themed party?
Am in need of lots of clever, homemade decoration ideas to totally blow this party out the water. All ideas greatly appreciated.
- A table centerpiece: get an old candelabra, some teacups (mismatched ok), even a teapot.
Take sandpaper and rough up bottoms of these as well as rims of candle holders.
Get epoxy glue and glue a cup on each one...a teapot in middle if that has a middle one (or just use all cups)>>>>>fill with variety of fresh flowers, greens.
* Have your invitations come from the Fish-Footman, addressed to `For the Duchess. An invitation from the Queen to play croquet.'
* Tell your guests not to be late for a very important date, like the White Rabbit
* Ask them to meet you in Wonderland
* Put a teabag, playing cards, or other stuff together with the invitation into the envelope
* Shape your invitations like a playing card, tea bag, teapot or tea cup. Or make a top hat, and replace the 10/6 card with a card containing the party details.
* Set up a long table, covered with all different kinds of teapots, mismatched teacups and saucers, chandeliers, etc. Have an assortment of 'odd' chairs around the table, so that people have to sit at different heights. Use a colorful tablecloth.
* Hide a stuffed toy representing the Dormouse in one of the teapots.
* Hang colorful paper lanterns above the table
* Decorate your door so it represents the rabbit hole, or the looking glass, where people have to go through to enter the party. Or use a play tunnel.
* Hang up signs with 'this way', 'that way', 'up', 'down', etc. painted on them, like in Disney's Tulgey wood.
* Put some clocks in the room that are stopped at tea-time.
* Decorate the walls with playing cards (normal size or really huge cards from cardboard), and the floor with a chessboard-like pattern. Scatter around some chess pieces.
* Hang a branch to the ceiling with a Cheshire Cat plush (or just it's grin) in it.
* Use lawn flamingos
* If you have a fireplace, put a large mirror on the mantelpiece. Or attach one to a door so people can actually go through the looking glass. If you don't have a huge mirror, create one with aluminium foil
* Make rabbit paw tracks and put them on the floor, leading in various paths through your house and/or garden
* Put up a children's swimming pool to represent the pool of tears
* Make vulture heads and paste them on top of some umbrella's. Hang the opened umbrella's from the ceiling
* Buy rose bushes at a garden store and decorate them with white and red roses
* Stuff a big Alice-like doll into a small doll-house
* Fill vases with white and red roses, and hide one or several brushes with red paint in them