Small Backyard Garden Ideas Questions Answered!
- What would be the ideal fruit/veggies to plant this time of year with not a lot of space to spare?
My son and I have to make trips to the farmers market and grocery store every week because we go through so much fruit and veggies. I would like to plant some things, such as strawberries, peas, green beans, lettuce... But I have a smaller backyard, I mean it's decent size, but not huge. I have no idea what is in season or how to go about planting a garden. Can any of you green thumbs give me some tips? Thanks in advance!
- Resources for terracing a sloped backyard to put in a garden?
My backyard has an inconvenient slope that directs water at my basement and is too steep to plant anything. On one side it currently has a 4' lumber retaining wall which is rotting. I'd like to replace it all with a series of smaller masonry retaining walls to improve drainage and allow for a vegetable and herb garden. Any idea on where to find resources to help me plan this venture out?
- Is it possible to grow corn both sustainably and organically?
If so, what are some methods? Such as in backyard gardening and I want to make a small corn garden, both sustainable and organic. Any ideas on natural, organic fertilizers/pesticides if any? Also.. how could I conserve water, such as rain to water my garden with?
- Can you think of anything fun that I can put in my backyard to give my 2 dogs something to play with,in or on?
I am planning a small garden area for my two dogs to enjoy why we are outside. They love to chase each other and play on , in, and around everything. Trying to come up with some ideas for fun playing that will also look nice in my yard.
- How to have a garden without any suitable soil?
Well, I have small, but nice backyard. I would really like to have a garden--vegetables and herbs--but there's no good spot to put them! There's a patio, then grass, and the surrounding area is taken up by hedges and tree roots. So I'm trying to figure out some alternate ways to have a garden-- What are those big wooden rectangular boxes you often see? Could I use those? I've also heard of growing vegetables in big metal buckets. Does anyone have ideas, helpful links, etc.? Thanks much.
- In small area, 20'x8', what should I plant besides grass or vegetables?
I have a small backyard behind my condo, and I need some ideas for plants. Its a tough question. There isn't a lot of light so I need to plant something that's not light intensive like vegetables. Thank you.
- We just had our Ash Tree in our backyard cut down because it was dead from the Ash Borer disease. What is a?
nice tree to plant in a backyard? We have a small narrow backyard. Our Ash tree grew to be about 40 some feet tall, and it was a pretty big tree but not a great big tree, but it was big for our backyard. We had built a tree box around it that made it look nice.
- how can i get rid of my neighbors cats without hurting the cats?
they poop and pee all over my backyard and garden. it stinks and i dont know what to do....... any tips on how any cat repellants might work,,, pls help.....